Thursday, August 12, 2010

Welcome Back

Welcome back from a wonderful summer. My summer started with Sewing Camp. Mrs. Bell and I taught a group of already talented sewers how to make everything from pillows to lunch bags. Inspired by our campers, I continued to sew all summer long. This bag is one of my favorite summer projects.


I also traveled a bit. My favorite trip was up to Vermont. The rolling hills and fresh fruit were unforgettable! This picture was taken at the Billings Farm and Museum, where I saw a quilt show and got to felt wool!


I hope you are looking forward to this school year as much as I am! We have a full year of exciting lessons and performances and I can't wait to get started. As you walk into the music room please take note of my favorite poster which reads, "It's okay to make a mistake when you've tried. It's a mistake not to try." I want to encourage you all to try new things and to step out of your comfort zone this year. Don't be afraid-go for it! I'll be right there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment